- Interviewer: What about the name?
- Pete: It chose us really! One really windy day when the doorman was late at a venue, someone left us an anonymous package and it was a copy of “The Lust of The Libertines” by The Marquis de Sade - we’re not sadists though.
- Interviewer: Do you like the different connotations of the word as in the sexual one and the political one?
- Pete: yes, and it had to have an “i” in it so we could put a little love heart above it.
- Interviewer: It’s got two “i”s in it...
- Pete: We used to spell it “Liberteens” until we stopped being teenagers. Apart from John who still is.
When we live in a world where you can access free content of naked consenting women in less than 5 seconds, why are people still invading the privacy of non-consenting women for nudes?
Hint: It has something to do with people feeling entitled to making any woman their personal porn, even if it violates or humiliates her in the process.
*especially if it violates or humiliates her in the process